Today we headed back to the Hoarding Home (and garage, patio, carport, yard). The prior effort and staging is a relief. We had covered all the tables with painter’s drop cloths (light plastic sheets) to keep the dust off the ‘merchandise’.
Tonight was given over to two primary tasks: attempting to sort through a lot of jewelry to package and display the lesser pieces and price them. A display stand was also created by the Team and quite a bit was packaged. It is a dent and will help for the start of the sale. The displays will be staged near the cashier and helper to reduce pilfering and price swapping.
The second task, an important task, was to inspect the signs we took down Sunday night for damage and possible refreshing. Also, I intended to create more signs. After removal of the original signs, maybe two dozen were worth a refresh effort of paint and darkened lettering.
In addition, I made an additional dozen and a half signs of various sizes. Also, I made three dozen arrow signs to insert along the way. I bought more spray paint, surveyor’s tape and razor blades. It poured most of the night so I had to do the work inside the garage without making a mess. Tomorrow an 80 degree day will help dry things out.